Employment Enterprise Inc. is supporting one of the primary utility organizations in the Washington, DC area that supports over a million customers. We are searching for a Contract Specialist with strong administrative and organizational skills. You will support the sales team by processing commercial and government contracts in accordance with established procedures.
Contract Specialist Responsibilities:
- Processes requests for proposals and contract documents received directly and/or through the Contracts shared mailbox, per established procedures
- Generates, audits, and maintains monthly contract renewal reports and schedules for multiple commodities across multiple utilities and jurisdictions. Responsible for identifying contracts ending within a specific time frame; calculating drop and re-enrollment deadlines where applicable; sending reminder notices and processing all renewal contracts to Ops within established guidelines
- Audits accounts post renewal to ensure that all accounts have been renewed or returned to the utility accordingly. Works with the Operations and Enrollment teams to resolve any issues
- Prepares and distributes standard confirmation letters and applicable fee addendums to all appropriate parties for all executed contracts
- Works with the sales team, Channel Partners and/or customers to reconcile incoming contract discrepancies
- Identifies contract deficiencies (e.g., missing signed base contracts; missing tax exemption certificates, etc.), places booked contracts on resolution and assists the sales team in correcting resolution items
- Collaborates with internal and external organizations regarding the design, testing and implementation of system updates and process optimization. Prepares any necessary training materials as related to Contract Administration and serves as subject matter expert as each new item/process is implemented
- Serves as liaison between the sales team and various functional teams: Operations, Billing/Enrollment, Credit/Collections and Sales Support staff regarding contract status.
- Maintains contract filing system and ensures applicable tax-exempt certificates are retained in customer contract data base files
- Pulls files, preps them and sends them to offsite storage, as necessary
- Performs document searches as needed for both internal and external customers and provides contract copies and other supporting documentation as appropriate.
- Performs contract audits in accordance with established procedures and reports discrepancies to supervisory staff
- Audits monthly broker and sales rep commission statements for accurate contract/account statuses while resolving deficiencies and identifying inaccurate account assignments and contract identifiers
- Research and respond to Management inquiries regarding commission payments as they relate to contract status
- Prepares ad hoc reports for the sales team, Management and/or Channel Partners as requested. Typically includes, but is not limited to, contract type and status reports, account start/end date confirmations and future renewal reports
- Tracks and updates Contracts to Ops – Scan in Tracking Sheet
- Track and update Channel Partner contact information to ensure the appropriate parties are receiving addendums and contracts as agreed
- Assists other departments in creating contract documents for testing and/or training purpose
Serves as a Contracts Subject Matter Expert for contracting, training new sales team members on correct contracting processes and procedures
Contract Specialist Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED required; Bachelor's Degree in business or related discipline preferred
- 1-2 Years’ experience in contract administration or two years of purchasing
- Proven proficiency in Excel, particularly, with macros, pivot tables, and v-lookups.
- Experience and proficiency using DocuSign, PowerPoint, Adobe, Web-based applications, Oracle, Salesforce and/or JIRA required.
- Demonstrated track record of customer service and problem resolution experience/skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills with the utmost attention to detail and time management.
- Demonstrated strong experience with follow-through and sense of ownership, along with an aptitude for building successful relationships with employees and customers of all levels.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and the ability to maintain a positive attitude while successfully performing in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
What we offer:
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Medical and dental benefits for qualifying professionals
- Flex spending account
- Credit Union Membership
- Voluntary Supplemental Insurance
“Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Employment Enterprises, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, assign, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, color, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, U.S. Veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.”