Employment Enterprises, Inc. is currently working with a government entity that provides municipal services near the nation's capital. We are searching for a Fiscal Officer who will be responsible for executing the approved budget for the Children and Families Services Center. You will manage various grants and develop local procedures and policies for programs. You will supervise three Financial Analysts and one Accounts Clerk.
Fiscal Officer Responsibilities:
- Responsible for executing approved budget, exercising program controls over obligations and appropriated funds' expenditures, and providing administrative oversight.
- Assist the Centers in developing budgets and monitoring expenses and revenues.
- Reviews, analyzes, edits, and consolidates budget estimates of the assigned program, ensuring budget material is accurate and consistent, examining the significant impact of policy changes on new or revised program requirements and funding decisions.
- Plan and participate in budget preparation and mid-year budget revisions, including budget submissions.
- Monitor and evaluate programs' fiscal condition, ensuring expenditures are spent within the fiscal year.
- Responsible for approving payment vouchers, wire transfers, purchase requisitions, deposits, and payment warrants.
- Conduct budgetary and financial analyses of the actual budget to determine variances; analyzes complex budget and expenditure issues; make recommendations regarding problems and provide solutions to budget issues.
- Conduct meetings with Program Managers and Division Directors to provide expert guidance on complex budget activities, variances, and availability of funds.
- Develop monthly projections, process journal voucher for expenditures and revenue, prepare the budget section of grant applications, administers grants to ensure allocated funds are expended accordingly, and prepares and submit financial reports to grantors.
- Approve all grant expenditure requests by following appropriate legislation and policies.
- Assist with negotiating contract amounts.
- Manage and perform regular analysis and reconciliation of both revenue and cost accounts.
- Prepare external and internal monthly/quarterly financial reports.
- Track and monitor reimbursement requests.
- Ensure that proper internal accounting procedures and financial reports follow Government Accounting, Auditing, and Financial Reporting (GAAFR).
- Develop and implement policies/procedures for the Finance unit to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and City regulations.
- Conduct State and City annual year-end closeout for special revenue accounts and supervises the auditing of programs.
- Manage staff workflow to ensure proper processing of accounts payables and accounts receivable.
- Ensure appropriate accounting procedures and internal controls are followed.
- Research and analyze accounting reports/records and review transactions posted to the accounting system.
- Responsible for LASER, Children's Services Act (CSA), and Lease reports and reconciliation.
- Review and approve payroll (Kronos) and periodic check run for support staff members.
- Work with Procurement to develop requests for proposals (RFPs) and purchase requisitions.
- Setup and analyzes the spending of encumbrances, Purchase Orders, and Requisition in the MUNIS financial system.
- Request and manage new organizational cost accounts for new grants.
Fiscal Officer Qualifications:
- Four Year College Degree
- Three years of experience in positions involving public administration, public financial planning, public budgeting, government accounting, electronic data processing,
- Procurement contracting, and personnel management; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
What we offer:
- Tutorial training and skill testing before placement
- 401K retirement plan after one year of employment
- Medical and dental benefits offered for employees on long term active assignments
- Flex spending account
- Credit Union Membership
- Working Advantage Employee Discount Program
- Voluntary Supplemental Insurance
“Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Employment Enterprises, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, assign, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, color, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, U.S. Veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.”