Employment Enterprises Inc. is supporting one of the leading providers of transportation services in the DC Metropolitan area. We are searching for a System Specialist. You will record and resolve technological issues and develop tickets, along with other responsibilities.
System Specialist Responsibilities:
- Resolve technical problems and answers inquiries that originate by telephone, voice mail, or e-mail.
- Record, maintain and update customer and issue records in the issue tracking tool.
- Perform analysis of problems and assist program users. Work with technical, customer service or development staff to escalate and resolve recurring problems and issues with applications.
- Document and submit appropriate resolutions to the knowledge repository to and support creative efficiencies for the helpdesk as a whole.
- Develop an understanding of the numerous process flows to other IT systems, and create and maintain user accounts.
- Create Help Desk tickets in the designated ticket tracking system, provide an initial acknowledgement to the end user validating receipt of the ticket If possible, resolve the ticket, communicate resolution to the end user and obtain customer sign-off before closing the ticket.
- If unable to resolve thoroughly document the ticket with actions taken in an attempt to resolve and escalate the ticket in accordance with company procedure
- Assist users with account creation, accessing, and using IT systems Update Standard Operating Procedures documents to adapt to new system functionality or configuration changes
System Specialist Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in management information, computer science, or related field.
- Five (5) years of working experience in database administration, or operations analysis. Knowledge of PeopleSoft or related ERP Systems is preferred.
What we offer:
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Medical and dental benefits for qualifying professionals
- Flex spending account
- Credit Union Membership
- Voluntary Supplemental Insurance
“Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Employment Enterprises, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, assign, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, color, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, U.S. Veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.”