Employment Enterprises, Inc. is supporting one of the premier higher educational systems in Northern Virginia. We are searching for a qualified senior level Executive Assistant who has proven experience in an executive administration office and proficiency with software such as Microsoft Office. The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Vice President and other suite personnel in managing daily operations.
Executive Assistant Responsibilities:
- Manage Vice President’s calendar, including coordinating with others as needed and issuing reminders to the Vice President and others and prioritizing requests for the Vice President’s available time
- Take accurate, concise, and well-organized meeting minutes/summaries without the use of an audio recording device.
- Make rapid, independent decisions regarding high priority requests
- Demonstrate professionalism, diplomacy, and a positive attitude at all times.
- Research independently the best solutions for problems when they arise.
- Demonstrate outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal skills, exercise good time management and have flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of Advancement’s administration.
- Interact effectively with administrators, faculty, and staff as well as partners outside of the University.
- Handle sensitive and confidential matters with discretion and tact.
- Deal with diverse types of people; work under pressure; multitask; handle confidential issues; work well with others in a team environment; must have a professional demeanor.
- Anticipate the needs of the Vice President, and thereby ensures that the necessary information and logistics have been coordinated prior to the actual time of events and activities on the calendar.
Executive Assistant Qualifications:
- Progressive career experience
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Experience working in a high-volume, fast-paced office
- Expert level Microsoft Outlook/Calendar skills
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in matters of proofreading, document processing, and relaying messages
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communications skills including the ability to work effectively with and relate well to staff and external constituents at all levels of the university
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Be proactive, observant, mature, poised, efficient and well-organized
- Strong writing, correspondence, and communication skills.
- Be self-motivated, detail-oriented, possess the ability to perform duties under limited supervision and limited time frame; have demonstrated organizational, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills are required for this position (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) as well as the ability to work within multiple internal databases and maintain consistent organization.
What we offer:
- 401K retirement plan
- Medical and dental benefits for qualifying professionals
- Flex spending account
- Credit Union Membership
- Voluntary Supplemental Insurance
“Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Employment Enterprises, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, assign, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, color, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, U.S. Veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.”